Organising a tax refund in Canada.

Typically British Toronto


Love tax refunds, but hate gathering the paperwork to do the return? That’s where common tax filing errors really begin.

During the months of February and March, it’s time to start thinking about your tax refund in Canada. The tax year runs from the 1st January until the 31st December, and T4s or tax summary documents are issued from employers in January and February the following year. You can file your tax return from the 1st March and the tax deadline is the 30th April. Your tax refund should arrive within 8 weeks.

International working holiday visa holders in Canada are not required by law to file a tax return in their first year, but it is recommended to do so to keep tax affairs in order and in case you wish to return to Canada to work.

There are a number of options when filing a tax return, some of which are listed here;

View original post 108 more words


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s